Thursday, April 11, 2013

Through The Eye Of The Needle: A Romance - Part First - Chapter 9

Through The Eye Of The Needle: A Romance - Part First - Chapter 9

Through The Eye Of The Needle: A Romance - Part First - Chapter 9

PART FIRST CHAPTER IXAfter Mrs. Makely had told me about the New York house, we began to talk of the domestic service, and I ventured to hint some of the things that I have so plainly said to you. She frankly consented to my whole view of the matter, for if she wishes to make an effect or gain a point she has a magnanimity that stops at nothing short of self-devotion. "I know it," she said. "You are perfectly right; but here we are, and what are we to do? What do you do in Altruria, I should like

Long Stories

William Dean Howells

READ THIS BOOK

No comments:

Post a Comment